Dr. Janet Rives, Economics
- There's emotion...and then there's money.
- March 11, 1999
- You know that Pepsi commercial that was on during the NCAA finals? I just kept wanting to break my TV.
- April 1, 1999
- I don't want to get electrocuted in this classroom; it might make you late for dinner. Maybe that was optimistic. It might make some of you late for dinner.
- April 8, 1999
- This is a Triple-A team that masquerades as a Major League Ballclub.
- April 25, 2000 (on the Chicago Cubs)
- It's hard to say anything good about the Devil, but at least he has taste enough not to take Strom Thurmond.
- April 26, 1998 (on the Senator's inexplicable longevity)
- It's really just twelve people sitting in a room, eating pizza. Go hire Johnny Cochran.
- March 23, 2001 (on juries)